Saturday, June 7, 2008

Trip

This is my third posting of the day - sad! I thought about putting it all as one long post but knew it would be a little overwhelming so I am sorry for all the posts. This has been the first chance I have had to sit down and write.

So after finding out that Miriam and Cal are taking an awesome anniversary trip - I thought I would share about how Matt and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary. Our anniversary is tomorrow - due to a million things that have to be done tomorrow - we celebrated last night. We didn't think it would be very romantic taking William with us; however, mom was not in town to keep him. So we were actually going to have to leave William with a babysitter for the evening - scary for me! I called a girl, Laura, that I taught two years ago. She is great and she has come over several times to meet William. I love her and trust her completely BUT she was going to be with MY baby for several hours without me being at home. I tried and acted mature about it and told myself over and over again that William will be more spoiled with her (held the whole time, etc). So Matt and I made our plans. We decided to go to the movies to watch Prince Caspian late in the afternoon, then come home to feed William (what a great excuse to check up on William - breastfeeding does have its perks) and then went to Mom and Dad's (a restaurant in Thomasville) to eat. The best was that Matt took me to Dairy Queen for a blizzard for dessert. Blizzards are the best thing since sliced bread. We had a great time and I only thought about William a few times (more like a million but who's counting and I only called Laura once to check on him!). I am so glad Matt and I did get out and go on a date for our anniversary. Not exactly Puerto Rico like Miriam and Cal but a treat all the same.

We are going on our summer vacation this upcoming week. Matt and I are excited about it. We are leaving Tuesday and going to Miriam and Cal's for the night. Then on Wed we are headed to the mtns to visit Nana and Pop for a couple of days. Over the weekend we will be going to Matt's dad's house. Mr. Casper has not seen William since he was 2 weeks old. He has definitely grown since then. After Mr. Casper's we are going back to Macon and visiting with some friends. We will be home the following Tuesday. We are going to get to see a lot of people and William won't have to be in a car seat for longer than 3 hours! We are so excited. We think William might get to go swimming for the first time at the mtns. We have some swimmies for 16 lbs (that is the small size) and he is only 13 or 14 lbs but they will work. We will definitely video tape it and put it on the blog. I will try and update the blog with pics as I get them. We know it will be a great trip with lots of opportunities for pictures and videos. So between now and Tuesday - there is a lot of laundry, cleaning, and packing that must happen. That reminds me - I have clothes in the wash that need to go in the dryer. Let me go do that while William is asleep.

4 comments:

Marylu said...

Have a great trip. Get some good pictures on your trip. I don't think William's hair has any effect on him, whatsoever!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... CS Lewis, Mom&Dad's Italian food, a blizzard ... Maybe you and Matt are getting the better anniversary deal after all! :)

(I'm sure we'll be right there with you in a few more years. This PR trip is our Scotland... one last hurrah before we have to think about settling for good. Sigh.)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Thanks for simplifying things for me so I can comment. Great pictures and I love his hair! Look forward to seeing pics from your trip. Have fun!

Drena said...

He is so cute, Amy! How old is he? Glad I found you!