Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


Matt and I were asked to bring a dessert to the Thanksgiving meal that mom was making. With Chelsea's help locating a GREAT website with many great ideas - Matt and I came up with what we wanted to do for dessert. We created a Turkey out of three different cakes. We served red velvet, spice, and chocolate. With many hours hard at work - we completed the cake. I think it turned out well considering we didn't know what in the world we were doing. It definitely turned out better than our snowmen dessert we tried to make for Christmas last year :)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We spent the day looking at fabric (to redue our sunroom) and getting a Christmas tree and decorating. I really don't like decorating but I LOVE having a decorated house for Christmas. So..... with some encouragement from Matt we did decorate. Everything is done except the tree and it is in its stand ready to be decorated tomorrow. Maybe I will decorate it during the Ga/Ga Tech halftime tomorrow. Go dawgs.



5 comments:

Clh03uga said...

How funny! It turned out great! I hope it tasted yummy!!!! :-) Happy Thanksgiving!

Marylu said...

Love the turkey cake. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Amy that is impressive! It would never have stayed together for me.

Anonymous said...

Not only super-cute, but tasty, too! I also wanna know how you scored a $25 Christmas tree! (I'm trying to get motivated, myself...)

Anonymous said...

The cake won first prize over here. It was a SHOWSTOPPER! Great job, Amy and Matt!