Sunday, August 10, 2008

Is it the Michelin tire boy?

So we were at Julie's house ALL weekend having our biannual cookoff. It is absolutely miserable but worth it in the end. Julie and I cook ALL weekend long. We cook anything that we can think of that will freeze and that will take too long to make one night or makes too much for just the family. This is a time when you do NOT want to be near the kitchen bc things are flying. For those of you that know us well, know the Julie and I mean business when we start a project and can't stand to be interrupted or put on hold for anything. So it was great the William behaved. As you can see, William was not at all interested in the craziness going on in the kitchen. He was the ONLY one relaxed!

For those curious, here is a list of what was made:

10 bags of Gumbo

9 bags of Bean and Ham soup

16 bags of Taco Soup

12 bags of Speghetti sauce

6 lasagnes

8 Chicken Tetrazinis



4 meatloafs



So after all that was done - William needed a bath! Actually with all the sweating that Julie and I were doing, we needed a bath more but William's bedtime was soon so we had to bath him. When Julie saw the rolls on William she HAD to take a picture of him. Just so you know, he does NOT have that many rolls it was how Matt was holding him. Anyway, I thought they were funny pics so I am including them. What a big boy! I think he may out weigh Davis! Nothing like two healthy boys - right Lauren?




5 comments:

Marylu said...

IMPRESSED is what I am with your cooking! I wish I had the energy to put that much in the freezer in one weekend. The pics of William are great. He's a healthy looking boy. I hope to get to hug on him before too long!!

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just thinking about that cook off! If you all need any help consuming any of it, just call over here and we'll gladly oblige.

As fas as William...the more to hug, the better. He's perfect.

blondsurgeon said...

matt's thumb is appropriately placed

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH he is SO cute!! (William, not Matt. Sorry, Matt. You're cute, too.)

Anonymous said...

Goodness, y'all should go into business cooking for others!!