Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Well I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We did! We spent the morning working out (uh.... but using the new elliptical trainer we got) and then that afternoon we went to Mom and Dad's house for the big celebration. Julie, Josh, Anna Claire, Miriam, Mom, and Dad were already over there. Matt and I took German Potato salad, broccoli salad, and a dessert. Matt and I had also picked up some ribs at Sams in Tallahassee. Sams' ribs are full of meat and are a great price incase you ever need ribs. Anyway, Matt and Dad cooked the ribs and they were delicious. I had so much fun hanging out with the fam. I just missed Beth and wished she could have been there. After dinner, everyone but the Caspers went to the fireworks. We had to go home because it was William's bed time.
William in his red, white, and blue outfit for 4th of July!
This is our last week of summer as we both go back to work next week. Both Matt and I are on 11 month contracts so we get about 4 or 5 weeks break. Next week I have to go to work on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. That is 3 days away from William in one week. I am very worried about him taking a bottle for 3 days and it messing up nursing. I am even more worried since Matt starts work too next week and Mom and Julie will be in the mountains visiting Nana and Pop. That means William is staying almost 10 hours with a sitter. Ah..... I guess I have to get used to this idea since I did take this job with RESA and I know Mom can't keep him all 6 days a month that I work. I am meeting with the sitter this week to show her where everything is. I know she will be good but 10 hours is a LONG time to have someone else watching my child. Anyway, I am trying not to think about it because it makes my stomach churn and it makes me tear up at the thought of leaving him for that long without family looking after him. It makes me wonder whether this job was worth taking. Everyone kept telling me to take the job and I think I will love it but I am not sure I am ready to leave William and I just hope I didn't just say yes because it is a "sweet" job. Anyway enough about that as I am getting knots in my stomach just thinking about it. So no big plans for our last week of summer. We may go to Julie and Josh's and spend the night Thursday night to make it seem like we are on a small get away before work starts :) Josh has a 1/2 day so we can get together and hang out. Of course she is only 30 minutes away so we don't really need to spend the night but it makes it much more fun if we do.

Nana I hope you had a GREAT birthday! We were thinking about you!

4 comments:

Clh03uga said...

Cute pictures of William!!!! I know you don't feel good when you think about leaving William...I am praying that it is an easy adjustment for you both.
XOXO

amanda said...

He's such a cutie! It's hard going back to work; I'll be praying for you. I'm sure he will do well and be glad to see mommy when you get home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy!! I love being able to keep up with your family through your blog. I have not seen you in so long that I love getting to see the pics!! William is so cute!
I thought you weren't working any more? What/where is your new job, I would love to hear about it. I am getting a new job next school year as well! Talk to you soon!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

William is as cute as ever in his red, white, and blue. I can't believe the way he is growing. Six days a month seems like a lot, but it's much better than 20!